Monday, January 12, 2015

Okay so it's been a hectic few days but here's a summary of what I've been doing since I've been in Dublin:

08 January // Thursday:
Ally and I got into the city (a typical cab ride from the airport to the city center should be around 25 for one person, 40-45 for two ) and checked into the apartment flat. I emptied my suitcase and tried to get the room to feel home-y and warm before deciding I would throw up if I didn't eat soon. So we headed out to eat at Bad Bob's (which is supposed to be really good) but ended up going to Mexico to Rome instead which is literally right across from the famous Temple Bar. I got lost and had to ask someone for directions. Turns out the guy I asked was English and didn't know where he was either so two other Irish men walked over to try to help. They were kind.



The food was okay. I got chips and salsa, a tex/mex burger with fries and a glass of wine and water for about €9.95. The portion size was quite large!!

09 January // Friday:
Nothing too crazy. Lot's of grocery shopping for the upcoming week. Also, I didn't bring my smartphone to Ireland so getting one was a priority. I ended up buying a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 for
€99 plus a 20 top up from Three  and got "All You Can Eat" Data (15GB), free any network texts, free weekend calls and about an hours worth of regular calls.




10 January // Saturday:
Chris finally got in! So the three of us wandered around the city looking for basic items like towels, pillows, adapters, sim cards. Then we went out to eat at a pub/restaurant that I completely forgot the name of. We had Guinness, Smithwicks and another beer that I also forgot the name of.




Later that night I was going to meet up with an online friend but ended up going out to Dice Bar with Chris and Ally instead. We eventually met up with my buddy Constance and her friends at The Brazen Head which is supposed to be Ireland's oldest pub. I think it existed in 1190-something. That was a nice hang out spot.

Then Constance's friend Sonia insisted we head to The George to meet some of her friends and that ended up being quite the experience. Entry was free until 11pm and we had only 5 minutes to make it when Sonia discovered that so we had to run through parts of the city. The George was a lot of fun. 

-SX

0 comments:

Post a Comment