Sunday, January 25, 2015

23 Jan 2015
Friday: I didn't want to waste my weekend so I suggested to the guys that we go out. We were supposed to meet at Hogan's at 10pm but it was packed plus it was an older crowd. So we walked around for hour looking for another decent pub while waiting for Yoann. We didn't find one that wasn't crazy packed so we eventually settled for a pub Yoann, Justus and I already went to (Auld Dubliner in Temple Bar). Anything in the Temple Bar area is too expensive... I paid 6.50 for Bulmer's Irish Cider. We stayed til 2am ish then went to Mercantile (a Latin club). Justus went home but the rest of us stayed for 30 minutes. It was packed plus they don't like reggaeton (or Latin music, as they call it) so Melanie (Sascha's friend), Yoann and I left. Sascha stayed with his friend. I got back to the apartment around 3 am but I couldn't sleep well because I couldn't get over how much I paid for that pint hahaha.

24 Jan 2015
Saturday: Woke at 10am. Cooked a little. Mostly watch netflix in the morning. I decided to take it easy and visited St. Stephens Green (again). It's a huge park and I still haven't seen all of it.



St. Stephen's Green



Kids playing sports in the park

I need a selfie stick
Trails in the park



 Around 3.30 Justus asked if I wanted to visit a museum (we had plans to do so for the longest) so I left SSG and walked <15 min to Temple Bar to meet him where he was having lunch. We accidentally wandered inside Trinity College (which was absolutely beautiful. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures but I'll visit again). Then we went to the National Gallery of Ireland instead (because by the time we would've gotten to the Museum at 5pm they would've been closing ).

National Gallery of Ireland

I forgot the name of this

Picasso // Still Life with a Mandolin

We mostly made fun of the paintings but honestly the gallery was really nice. Please visit. *The Monet painting is restored and back on display*. I was telling him about a gay club/pub I somehow ended up in the first few days I was here (The George) and he thought it was hilarious and wanted to visit so we made plans with everyone to visit later that night. So after the gallery I went home and Justus went to his hostel and we told Yoann and Sascha to meet at Temple Bar. Sascha invited his friend Rico and Rico's fiancee out with us and we all went to The Old Storehouse for some pints (again after popping in and out of multiple pubs for one we liked). It was a nice pub with your typical price of 5.50 for a pint of Guinness.
 

They didn't want to visit the gay club but Justus really did so I went with him at 10.45pm (you have to pay after 11) and we stayed for about an hour and a half watching drag queens host karaoke night. Justus got a good laugh out of it and we both got free beer (Miller) from a Drag Queen. Sascha, Yoann, Rico and his fiancee went to another pub (Flannery's) so Justus and I walked over there to join them.

Me, Yoann and Justus at Flannery's


I'll be honest, Flannery's isn't my favorite pub. If you're looking for a hookup it's perfect but that's not my scene. The crowd wasn't my type at all but I enjoyed the company. Also, Rico invited his Irish friends Catriona and her boyfriend John and they were soo sweet!!

Sascha, Justus, Rico, Sarah, John, Catriona and Me!

We Can Do It!

Catriona and myself!


We chatted, had some pints and enjoyed ourselves for a couple more hours. I think we stayed til around 3am when the pub was starting to empty. Then everyone headed home (which at this point was a 30 minute walk *sigh*. Very eventful Saturday.


25 Jan 2015
Sunday: Okay! I honestly took it easy! Again woke at 10.45am. The first couple hours are a blur. I don't really remember what I did. But at 2pm I left to get some cash and had plans of going to the Dublin Flea Market but Justus invited me to go sightseeing with him and Sascha. So, sticking with my motto to not turn down invites, I met up with them.

He pulled out a Lonely Planet guide book in German (hahaha) and we picked whatever was on the top 10 things to do in Dublin. We'd already done a lot of them at this point but none of us have ever visited the cathedrals so we walked to St. Patrick's, Christchuch and Dublin Castle but you have to pay to get into all of them and we weren't really in the mood to spend (beer is expensive....hahaha) so I asked if they wanted to go to the flea market with me.

The entrance to the flea market


Prints.

Jewelry. Every thing from this vendor was over €5


Cheap shoes!




Playing jenga
Loud print sweaters and tops!

The Dublin Flea Market only happens once a month (the last Sunday of every month) so I had to go. It was interesting. I think it's my first legitimate flea market and not like the one in Orlando that's all cheap stuff from China. People were selling artwork, vintage goods, second hand clothes, bikes, bric and brac, etc. Plus there was food! The guys went to get food while I shopped around and scored a gently used new pair of flats for a lovely EUR3!!!



Next month I think I might go alone (because I intend to stay a few hours and do some serious bargain hunting). Then after that we had some coffee/tea at a cafe next door to Brother Hubbard called Little Hubbard.

Overall a very eventful weekend!! I'm having a grand time here in Dublin (didya catch the Irish slang) I hope to go out of Dublin soon... maybe to the Cliffs of Moher or Giant's Causeway.

-SX

0 comments:

Post a Comment