Thursday, November 20, 2014

So the results came back maybe 20 minutes ago and unfortunately I did not receive the Gilman scholarship. Doesn't matter that I'm a minority, first gen, STEM, female, etc.

I spent weeks focusing on my personal statement but in retrospect I should've spent more time and effort in my follow up project essay as well. It also didn't help that I'm studying in western Europe but that doesn't matter. Things happen for a reason.

As my mom and my fluids prof/advisor (shout out to Professor Ilegbusi) tells me: it's not about the money, it's about the experience. Money can be made up, experiences? Not so much. I wouldn't trade studying in Ireland for any thing and I'm so thankful that I have other sources of aid covering me.

On a completely unrelated note:
I turned 21 yesterday! :DD usually I hate birthdays and don't celebrate my own but my friends and family made it very special for me. I love them dearly.

-SX

*got some sweet new shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment