Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I just got home from a long day of classes. Heat Transfer was canceled today. Our professor encouraged us to go to the career fair instead (very thoughtful of her. She did the same thing Spring semester). I didn't go to the career fair, however. I figured I'm taking 5 classes + extra curricular activities so I probably won't have too much time to spare. Plus I just took an on campus job as math tutor. You're probably thinking 'oh, an internship is more valuable and pays a lot better than the tutor job' but I'm not ready for it yet.

Then I came home and relaxed and went to the NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers) general body meeting.



I feel awful because I've been meaning to become a member since the beginning of time but I was too lazy to go to the meetings. I'm glad I did. NSBE feels like one big family and it seems like everyone there has an engineering job or at least has had an internship so they're definitely doing something right.

Then I stayed on campus and got a significant portion of my Measurements' lab report done. That class is, by far, the worst class of my undergraduate history. If there's one class that needs to be phased out it's definitely that one. Ugh, I get so upset when I think about it...

Okay so my mom brought up a good point when we were talking yesterday. My laptop is a brick. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. It feels like it weighs at least 15kg and honestly it'll make me miserable just to haul it around airports on the way to Dublin. We were speaking about buying a DSLR to document my travels and she asked if I wanted a smaller laptop. I hadn't even considered the thought of it until then. I've always wanted a smaller, lighter, thinner laptop and I'm seriously considering just buying a <$250 11.6" Chromebook or Notebook. Obviously I'm not going to run any engineering software on it. No Mathcad, Matlab, CAD software or anything. Nothing fancy, it's just going to be used to surf the web, do homework and keep this blog alive while abroad.  Convenience and comfort are very important to me so I'm definitely going to buy one.

I checked a couple out today at Best Buy and wondered why I didn't have one to begin with. They weigh a little over 1kg and I can just throw it in my bookbag without having to worry about developing back problems ahahahahaha

Okay, well I have Matrix and Linear Algebra at 8am. I need to go to sleep. I'll keep you guys posted on any new happenings.

-SX

0 comments:

Post a Comment