Wednesday, September 10, 2014

In case you were wondering, I am using Homestay.com to search for a family to live with. It's pretty neat. You type in the city of your stay and check in and check out dates. You can browse from lowest to highest price (or vice versa), select specific parts of town, pick and choose certain amenities you require (like Internet. Imagine not having that. Ha!). You can also search by map which is what I have been doing.



It took me some time to get to know the main streets near DIT but I think I got it down. The homestay map doesn't zoom in too close, for obvious reasons, but you can click on the pink location tabs and it'll zoom in a little closer so you get the idea of where the home is located plus a quick rundown of the important details like price and what part of Dublin it's in. (I'm interested in ones that are close to campus, public transportation and the city center.)

Another cool thing is the longer your stay, the less expensive it is. There's a price for a week long, month long and any thing longer than a month. This isn't for all the homes but most of the homes I looked into were structured that way.

Prices are in American dollars. No need to convert to Euro. What you see is what you pay. There is a required down payment of 15%. Then you pay the difference to the host.

As you can see there are PLENTY to choose from. I was matched to about 350 homes when I entered my information so I really shouldn't have any problems finding a homestay. Still doesn't mean I'm going to wait til the last minute to book a room.

-SX

0 comments:

Post a Comment